My Husband Was Abused Part 2

We find strength and hope in this Psalm for those who have suffered abuse. It affirms that even those who have been hurt can continue to walk in integrity. God loves you and so do I. Amen


Stargazer Lily January 19, 2019 Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing author of the blog www.myhusbandwasabused.com Laurah. Laurah shared her story of trials and tribulations she and her husband went through. Due to childhood abuse, the past was still affecting him today and together they pressed on. Joining me today is both Laurah and her husband David Allen. David will share his story of abuse, empowerment, and resilience.

Today’s Devotion comes from Deuteronomy 33:27: “The eternal God is your refuge,and underneath are the everlasting arms”. 
God is inviting us to make Him our safety place and place all of our trust in Him.

The formula for change is The TRUTH: BIBLICAL TRUTHS 


I Feel: upset and scared right now because something reminded me of how I felt as a child. I don’t like this feeling, but I know that I will survive experiencing it and this too shall pass. “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all”. (Psalm 34:19)


The Truth is: I can no longer be hurt as an adult the way I was hurt as a child, because I now have resources I didn’t have then.

The Truth is: I was severely abused, praise be to God. I am still here to tell my story because I’ve survived.“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)



The Truth is: I am God’s beloved Child. And it is written in Deuteronomy 31:6,“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

I can rest safely in God’s faithful love. We have to accept truth in order to change. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts